Anyone prefer horizontal bi-amping their monos?

Just got monos a week ago, digging them mightily. I know the answer to my question is 'just try it' which I will someday.

Just curious if others have done this A/B, & their take.

128x128zufan

1 amp for the left, one for the right, use long XLR cables and ultra short speaker cables 

The best part of my tri-amped (outboard electronic x-over) is that the bass can do what it wants and the mids and highs have no clue.  Stay in the same amp family and it will work out.  

Regards,

barts

I'm the OP, chiming back in now that I've been listing vertical for a few months. So I did try horizontal bi-amping for a few days. Then I tried the vertical config. No contest. Whatsoever. The vertical made everything bigger, louder, clearer. Sold my beastly Magtech amp shortly after, that's how much clean power these 2 tubes amp crank out. 

I sent my pair of 10' Fidelium cables back to WY so he could cleave in half with proper ends, ergo now have 4 separate single runs to each blade. Matchy matchy. 

To clarify: I have two stereo amps, total. One for left channel, one for right. That's what vertical is. Horizontal is something else. 

Anyhoots, anyone else discovered the wonders of vertical?