Worth upgrading from MC611 to MC901?

I have the 600 W mcintosh mono blocks (mc611) and I'm considering upgrading to the MC901 dual mono amplifier (600 w ss, 300 watt tube) as a way to Biamp b&w 802D3.

Is this worthwhile or is there a better alternative?

emergingsoul

@emergingsoul Don't know the running use specs. Maybe call Mac or check with a dealer. 

That pic is from a previous system I posted for an IRS Beta thread. The Mac amps on the side are 2301's on Sound Anchor stands. I have the Sound Anchor stands for the 901's as well. Will post a pic.

What are you using for a pre? I'm driving my Mc611's with a c49 but haven't had them long enough for the shine to wear off yet, still sound AMAZING. When the time ultimately comes I think i'll keep the 611's and consider the c2700 or similar tube pre. Kef Blades are speakers.

My local dealer was messing around and bi-amped a pair of 805D4 with an MC275 on the top end and one of the two channel integrated amps on the bottom (MAC7200 I think) and it was pretty impressive how much it changed the sound. Don’t ask me about the wiring/setup as I don’t know but that showed me that there is a real potential for something like the 901. 

I think the good and bad thing will be the tweeter will more or less be adjustable. I find I don’t do well with that as I am always messing around lol. I can leave stuff alone.