Don't sell your tube amps

Although this was an article in a guitar Magazine, I thought it might interest those who own stereo tube equipment:

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/amps/dont-sell-your-tube-amps

128x128deadhead1000

I was going to sell my pre and mono amps that were displaced during my last upgrade.   After a few low ball offers I decided to do a second system.    I'm ordering a pair of speakers this week.   Inevitably I would have had sellers remorse anyway.

My tube amps are going strong and will remain for the foreseeable future.   I've even acquired a couple more in recent years, some as future projects, some working fine now.  Fortunately, I managed to re-tube everything currently in my system, all the completed projects, and stocked up for the future projects prior to Russia invading Ukraine.  The cost seemed high at the time, but seems mighty attractive compared to what I'm seeing now.  

Tube amplifier are on borrowed time due to a different threat. Its now possible to build solid state amps that are just as smooth in the mids and highs with no glare and the same sense of musical involvement.