Acoustic Zen Crescendo Mk2 or Daedalus Ulysses v2

Hi, wanting to replace my old Legacy Audio Signature II towers. Yes, I know the new Legacys are a very good option, but wanting to try something different now.

My priorities are a big, open, uncompressed presentation with prodigious but controlled bass. I want some serious dynamic impact on percussive transients. Needs to be a versatile speaker, as it will be used for both music and home theater. I have plenty of amp power for pretty much any speaker.

I've read stellar reviews of both the Ulysses and Crescendo as having the qualities I am looking for. Does anybody have experience with both?
mtrot
About 9 months back I was struggling between the Daedalus and AZ Crescendo's. I had only heard the AZ and really liked them and thought they would be a good match with my Atmasphere speakers. Well I've had over a dozen speakers in the last 12 years and after living with the Crescendo's MK2 now for 9 months I have not been disappointed!

(Dealer disclaimer)
I had a Daedalus Ulysses which I sold due to space constraint. Now I've a Daedalus Athena. Athena works better in a smaller room and images better. However, Ulysses is definitely more dynamic than Athena. I listen to many genres of rock music that requires grunt and visceral dynamics. I am very happy with how Daedalus handles such music. I'm sure there are speakers out there for the similar money which has more dynamic impact, but I feel like Daedalus speaker is truly versatile and handles all genres really well. I use them in my home theater system and don't feel the need of a subwoofer. I've no experience with Crescendo but looking at online reviews it seems they must be great speakers too.
@Radiohead99,

Thanks for the input on the Athena and Ulysses. Yeah, I'm reading that, for a system which includes both two channel and home theater, the Athena is better because of a wider dispersion. It seems the Ulysses may do better for people sitting in the sweet spot.
Interesting thread! Like you and some others here, these speakers (and the NOLA KO's; keep them in mind, they are cheaper too) were on my short list for new speakers. I think the Daedalus are a little smoother than the AZ, and probably a little more effecient and easier to drive. I think the AZ are a bit more dynamic (with the right amplification) and have slightly better bass. I'm sure I would be happy with either one, but I found a much better price for the AZ, and I think if you check around you would too (consider calling AZ direct and see what price you can get from them).
Mtrot I think if you ask dealers you will get some great discounts, we have always been better than buying direct from AZ and yes we know he sells direct into areas where there are no dealers.
Call around and give some dealers a try.