Why do almost all women today hate home audio?

Why do almost all (99%) of women never seriously, sit, and listen to home audio through even one album?

I knew many, many women that listened, and had there own stereos, in the late 60's and 70's.

They even had big record collections, and some even had real-to-real tape recorders.

Why did they disappear?

What changed?

don_c55

My wife has never really listened to music much.

She has a collection of LP’s from the 70s-80’s consisting of John Denver, Barbara Streisand, Joanie Mitchell, Janis Ian, Bread, Dan Fogelberg, some classical, some show tunes - several hundred records. 

I thank GOD she doesn’t still listen to that stuff.  Like I said, she never really listened to MUSIC much.

Anyone remember the old Martin Mull joke about the “great folk music scare of the sixties? Yeah, that sh!t almost caught on.”

She’s stone deaf in one ear (from childhood ear infections) and that’s part of it, but just isn’t “in to” music at all which is funny as our son is a multi-instrument musician (vibes, xylophone, drums, bass, keyboards), our daughter likes listening and was a decent drummer in elementary/middle school, guitar player but gave it up.

Me? I studied jazz drumming for a few years, but I’m a virtuoso on HiFi.

There’s definitely a family component to music appreciation.

She’s never mentioned once my collecting vinyl as I think she knows I’ll just point to her shoe collection and I have photos of the Hefty garbage bags full we’ve donated to Goodwill year after year since we got married 33 years ago.

I have integrated YouTube pretty well into my system. The video portion holds everyone’s attention ( including many men) while still enjoying the system. It can turn into a dance party but who cares, enjoying the rig in a different way.

I personally think women should not be wasting time  listening to music , they should either be in the kitchen or in the bedroom. 

Your generalization is as offensive as if I had denigrated you for watching MSNBC and/or The View.

No. As recent lawsuits have proved in devastating detail, FOX is a right wing propaganda outfit. If you don't see that, I suggest you read up on Stockholm Syndrome. Any equivalence to MSNBC is false equivalence. A logical and empirical fallacy. QED.

I will not jump on the generalization of all women and thus can can only speak from my experiences. The women I know do like music but it is only a back ground play. They listen in the car, while working out, and while face down in their cell phones. They know the artist they know the songs but that is where it stops. It drives me crazy when they listen from their cell speakers. I have tried my best to upgrade their listening with small success. Both my daughters have home pods in their rooms they do use. My wife is different as she could care less on the difference between am or fm radio, she she does not care if the tv is low definition or 4k. I have given up long ago trying to educate her and again this is only imo from the women I know I think it is just the way they are wired. Not a good thing not a bad thing only what it is and I have moved on.