Single driver speakers without the pitfalls?

In researching SET amps, I have learned a lot more about the sort of high efficiency speakers that they are typically paired with, including single driver models like Omega, Blumenstein, Teresonic, etc.
The advantages of these designs are well acknowledged: coherence, imaging, high-efficiency and so forth.
At the same time, there seem to be equally well acknowledged drawbacks to these designs: Limited bass response, rolled off highs, and a harshness or "shout" in the upper midrange.
Some designers, like Tekton and Zu, seem to take the approach of getting the best of all worlds by joining a wide range driver to a tweeter of some sort. (To some extent, my Reference 3AM De Capo monitors take this approach.)
What I'm curious to learn is whether you think there are any single driver, full range systems that transcend the above limitations.
Eager to hear your thoughts.
rebbi
Open baffle fr (visa ton b200 imo) with 15" Hawthorne Augie... You run the visaton or fostex, lowther etc full range and connect a plate amp with pages and xover to the Augie. Game over.
I just came from listening to a $200,000 pair of SOTA speakers, and I prefer the 'cheap' ob. I've tried back loaded horns, various boxes etc. Once I heard single drivers I knew there was no turning back.... But. Always the but.
Google Gravity well of a dark star.
There are many ways to flog a horse so please don't flame me.
But no tannoys, or conventional speakers come close to the OB's in the areas that move me an make me irrationally wild and passionate about this hobby and music in general.
Augies. I swear.
Oops. A set of triple klh nines and Marantz 9's completely blew my mind earlier this year. Made me want to start over.
Within a week I was happy with the OB's again.
It's so true, each method has its pluses and minuses but if your a single driver freak, I really believe careful augumebtation is the only way to have it 'all'
Horning Eufrodite: 98 db sensitivity, 8 woofers per side, no crossover. With 10 watts will fill a large room with full-range sound. A very nice speaker.