Prospectives on Chi-Fi

Putting politics aside this is a good opinion piece and I hope puts some things in prospective. 

https://darko.audio/2023/04/think-made-in-china-is-a-turn-off-think-again/

128x128jeffstrick

Lord Melton should be honored, respected, and acknowledged for bravely, boldly, and fearlessly expressing a political viewpoint with I am sure full advance knowledge that he would be insulted, ridiculed, and marginalized. Many are too weak, ignorant, or brainwashed to attempt such  a feat, yet Lord Melton would not be swayed, cowered, influenced to hide from the truth as he sees it and instead thrusts it forward for all to digest. Well done Lord MELTON DO NOT LET THE OTHERS SILENCE YOUR BRAVERY

Lord Melton should be honored, respected, and acknowledged for bravely, boldly, and fearlessly expressing a political viewpoint with I am sure full advance knowledge that he would be insulted, ridiculed, and marginalized. Many are too weak, ignorant, or brainwashed to attempt such  a feat, yet Lord Melton would not be swayed, cowered, influenced to hide from the truth as he sees it and instead thrusts it forward for all to digest. Well done Lord MELTON DO NOT LET THE OTHERS SILENCE YOUR BRAVERY

It is so unfortunate, unnecessary, and unproductive to attack Lord Melton in this way. You must be afraid of something and perhaps many things have captivated your attention so as to distract you from truth.

Lord Melton's post has nothing to do with Chi-Fi. Just for the record, I was worse off under the prior administration. Even my paltry 2017 tax cut has expired.

Now for on-topic: My "American" branded Revel speakers are owned by a S. Korean conglomerate and manufactured in the PRC. My "Japanese" branded Rotel CD player was manufactured in the PRC. My "English" branded Cambridge Audio amp was manufactured in the PRC. My only non-Chi-Fi components are a 1978 vintage Philips turntable, made in Belgium, and a 1982 vintage Luxman tuner, made in Japan.

Who ultimately pushed for relaxing trade and manufacturing barriers? Western capitalists. Who suffered as a result, western workers. Who were the ultimate deciders? Western consumers. Now there are Chinese components in everything from Rolls Royces to $25 desktop chip amps. The interplay between the the Chinese and US economies is now equivalent to the "Balance of Terror" there used to be between the US and the USSR during the cold war.

1 I don’t know who lordmelton is ...but he sounds idiotic.

2 I have a Line Magnetic Audio Integrated amp and a Denafrips DAC, both have performed flawlessly and the LM was serviced with zero issues under warranty.

3 The US cut dirty deals with China over decades, not any one administration is at fault, many are.

More to discover