Good Suggestions for Tube Amps under 6k

I wanted to see if there were any group suggestions for an integrated tube amp or tube / solid-state combo under 10k or, even better, under 6k. Still looking for my final purchase in this part of my system.  Thanks everyone.

gregjacob

I currently have:  

Primaluna EVO 400 integrated

Lampizator Atlantic 3 DAC

Daedalus custom-made speakers

For those unfamiliar, Daedalus would be in the sonic personality range of Harbeth, et al.  Fabulous for vocal, wonderful wood tones, transparency, and clarity.

Although I could live with the Primaluna (about 5k), I am exploring other alternatives.  That's the gist of it.

@gregjacob

I am familiar with the Daedalus speakers, very good quality. You have a highly regarded DAC as well. Your speakers are pretty high sensitivity and easy to drive. Thus, you don’t need a ton of power to drive them properly. You can focus on the quality of the amplifier.

Given the caliber of your audio system, I’d recommend a high quality pure class A tube circuit. For example,

Audio Hungary Qualiton integrated amplifiers.

Audio Note OTO,or SOROS these are available as push-pull and single ended.

Rogers High Fidelity 65v2, they have other models as well.

these fit within your stated budget and are all high-quality/well engineered tube class A “integrated “ amplifiers. I believe they would sound splendid with your current system.

Charles

A Linear Tube Audio ZOTL40 would pair nicely with those speakers but you might have go to the used market.

Daedalus owner here…some easy recommendations. LTA UL + integrated amp or Modwright KWA 100 + LS 100 which I just saw come up for sale here. I like the LTA better but both can be had at your price point and both are favored by Lou and other Daedalus fans. Also, call Lou and ask him what else he might suggest.

@gregjacob 

Another potentially very good match for your Daedalus is the Line Magnetic 805ia. Uses the 805 DHT tube. Pure class A SET 48 watts per Channel. Uses the 300b as a driver tube.

Charles