Feel like I'm outta my mind....

Been through this forum, and don’t know where to start. Y’all are a pretty wild bunch!

Looking to go to a 2.2 setup, but have no idea where to begin. Haven’t seen anyone review speakers wholly, or in their entirety so far.

Old guy; ears are about 85-90% from the grinders and diesels.....LOVE the feel of sound - hence 2.2. Current dealio is dual 10" drivers and a 1" silk dome in each tower (no-name, about 275WPC on 8 ohm), and a 100W 10" front-firing sub. Missing lots of vocals though...... Looking for a full, rich-sounding set, or set(s) of towers.

Power is available through twin Carver M400a’s at 500WPC, and twin Carver M400t’s. Would love to have dual, and responsive subs to cover the low bits - let the ’a’’s handle the mids, and the t’s can get up high. Pretty sure I have the power to bi-amp on 20A breakers.....(electrician - (NOT electronics-guy!), amongst better things.) Source is usually CD, from the few thousands lying about here...

KEF Q950?? Polk R700?? Monitor 300?? SVS Pinnacle? Paradigm Premier? Monitor?

Any generalities that can start pointing me in a decent direction? Budget is simply....."let’s not get stupid...."

Metal is priority. Rock second, opera third, classical fourth. Just lookin’ for thoughts. Anything to start some ideas......

the_general

Since MillerCarbon is gone Tekton and all the Tektrolls isn't mentioned much.  Depending on your budget and no real size constraints   Double Impacts or big buck Moabs would fill your space nicely.  They can play loud with not a lot of power but sound great on all kinds of music.  They are big  and wouldn't be considered fine furniture but bang fo buck if you have the space is hard to beat.

(They'll sound better away from the front wall)

I am really liking my biamped Double Impact SEs with 2x 2-10 subs . (High pass to the DIs at 60hz)and mid/high split at 500hz via sublime acoustic k231.

I did spring though for just 1 beryllium tweeter for the “highs” inside the ring of the other 6. Having 7 beryllium tweeters just struck me as possibly being a little too “bright” for my tastes.

The addition of the 6” mids I think make all the difference from the sound of the moabs that really wasn’t for me.

About $7500 for the xover, speakers and subs.

The Polk R700 is very good for the price. If you can stretch the budget further, about 2x more. You'll find exactly what you're looking for with the Arendal 1723 THX

It's one of those rare speakers that really make all their owners literally grin ear-to-ear. 

@the_general i’d be happy to talk to you about a set of speakers. I am a member and an advertiser on this website. I have a business call Blueprint Acoustic. Together we can design you something that you want and if you don’t like it, I’ll take it back. the website is blueprintacoustic.com. There’s a thing on the website called the CONFIGURATOR. It takes a few minutes to figure it out, but you can design your own set of speakers, and it will give you a ballpark of what they cost. Don’t worry about that for now. I’m more concerned about  helping you get what you want. I promise you you’ll be happy and like I said, if you’re not, I’ll take them back send me a message or reply to this thread and I’ll get back to you. Thank you for your time, ray