My Oppo 105 finally bricked. Streamer suggestions?

Hey all,

Well, my vaunted 105 now won’t connect to Tidal through the app no matter what troubleshooting I do, and since my listening is 40% vinyl, 50% streaming, and 10% cd, I’m losing out on a lot of music. I’d like to keep the Oppo as a the occasional transport but need something to stream Tidal.

I can still connect via HDMI to to the Oppo from my phone or laptop, but the sound is terrible. 

My digital system:

Ragnarok 2 integrated

Denafrips Ares 2 DAC/Schiit Gungnir (currently comparing them side-by-side)

Reference 3A de Capos

Oppo 105 (still can be used as a transport and blu-ray)

Suggestions for a streamer that would work well with the Denafrips? Budget under $1K.

Thank you,

simao

128x128simao

If you can’t get it working, another CA CXN V2 suggestion here.  Great sounding unit that has only gotten better with CA updates.  Roon ready too.  Currently $999 at Music Direct, Audio Advisor and Upscale Audio.  Worth every penny IMHO.

@simao 

I had an issue with an Oppo BDP 83 a couple of years ago (tray malfunction) and Oppo fixed it for a flat $99 fee which included return shipping and I live in Canada.

Very impressive considering they have stopped making any players.

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 is a great sounding streamer but the control app is next to useless. To call it basic would be a compliment.

I use a Denafrips Ares 2 and after trying literally dozens of streamers much prefer the Lindemann Limetree Bridge.

Used Auralic Ares with femto clock you can pick up one under your budget, I have one I’m not using with a S Booster power supply and stock outboard power supply but will keep it for now. Very good app and very good sound quality. I compared it to the Auralic Ares G1 and G1 was better but not night and day.