Maybe buying a different amp

The amp I've been using is going on a little over 20 years old and thinking about a different one and have my eye on possibly a Mcintosh MC352 or a Bryston 4B3 and both are around the same price. They would driving a pair of PMC PB1i and have read that PMC and Bryston have a sort of synergy for some reason.

Any comments please?

norton

I have been a Pass fan since the early 80s. When I upgraded after 10 to 15 years, I was shocked at the improved sound from the new amp. I think you will be very happy.

However, amp house sounds are very different… like, Mac, Bryson, Pass… etc. you should hear them. Bryson and MacIntosh are from two completely different camps.

Given the kind of money you are talking about I would go listen to each… throw in Pass and Audio Research. Worth a trip if required.

Bryston and Mac are like apples and oranges.  What amp have you been using, what improvements and sound characteristics are you looking for, what’s your budget, and are you looking for new or used?  The more info you give here the better recommendations you’ll get. 

MC352 and I've been using a B&K and I figured on spending up to 5k new or used.

There isn't much available in my area to visit and hear and mostly go by online reviews and threads on this forum for ideas.