Is It Common For Questions About Gear For Sale To Go Unanswered?

I have been a member of the Audiogon Community for a few years, mainly as an outlier, but I have asked a few questions and responded to a few threads.  Compared to most of the Members of this community, I fly way under the radar with my knowledge of all things Hi Fi, but I'm doing my best to learn.  But one thing I've noticed (and I'm wondering if it is just common practice) is many times when I ask a question about a piece of gear for sale, I get absolutely no reply at all.  Not an answer, not a request for clarification, not even a "go to hell and stop bothering me".

There has been a turntable listed for sale for quite some time that I have interest in, the listing is advertised as "Scout 21B Turntable Lo hrs current 2022 production".  I've noticed the listing time has expired without it being sold at least once, I think because a Reserve hasn't been met.  But it immediately shows up again with a new countdown clock.  This is what I've posted in the "Questions For The Seller" section:  "I asked this question once, but did not get an answer. Is this a "B Stock" turntable, and if so, what is the reason or reasons for it being B Stock. Thanks."

Is this a rude question to ask or does my question violate an unwritten code I'm not aware of?  I've done quite a bit of research and looking on Hi Fi sites, and I can't find a VPI Scout 21 turntable that has the "Letter B" included unless it is B-Stock.  Please correct me if I'm mistaken.  If I'm correct, it seems logical that if it is B-Stock the seller should explain why it is B-Stock if asked.  Nothing in the description identifies flaws, and the only picture is a stock photo from VPI.  Help me out -- am I missing something in how items are listed or just being ignored.  

Thanks and happy listening.

allenf1963

@donvito -- It appears to be an identical ad, but from different cities in Florida and different usernames.

@dill -- "The seller for this turntable has the ad on AudiogoN, is a longtime member and has excellent feedback. See link below. VPI Scout 12B"

I don't care what rating or number of sales they've made.  If they are selling "B Stock without disclosure and not answering the question regarding if it's "B Stock", I feel that is unethical and bull. What's even more strange and question-raising is the virtually same ad is on Audiogon and HiFi Shark, but under different usernames and city locations.   Exact verbage and photos.  Shady to me -- but maybe has an explanation.  However, the seller won't reply.

Well, the seller indicates: "current 2022 production model with super lo hours" that indicates a used item and the "B" might stand for Black as it does in the Music Direct ad below. My guess is he just assumed the "B" would indicate the color.

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipment/turntables/vpi-scout-21-turntable-black/

"It appears to be an identical ad, but from different cities in Florida and different usernames."

That’s not unusual, as many sellers use different sites when selling gear. The user name is of no relevance!!

People are funny.  Sometimes I get a reply in minutes and sometimes never. Anyway, that might be the reason it didn’t sell the first go round.  Some people think that all they have to do is put up the ad and people will fall all over themselves to get the item.  🤷‍♂️ 

@dill -- I will assume the best intent. Maybe they did mean "Black", but in the Music Direct ad example the word "Black" is spelled out leaving no doubt. Every other time I’ve seen "B" listed in an ad for gear it meant "B Stock". If so, fine, but I’d like to know what the flaws are and not guess or be surprised. If you know the person, I’ll take your word for vouching for them. Thanks.

@donvito -- Thanks for making me aware of sellers sometimes using different Usernames. I can see that happening -- a Username is already taken or there is one close to the spelling. However, I’m stumped why the location city would be listed different. I can’t figure out why a seller would advertise it differently. Oh well, not for me to know I guess.