Salk vs Daedalus Speakers

I am considering the Salk ss8 vs the Daedalus Audio Ulysses 2.
For power I would be using Audiovalve challenger 180 amps during the winter and Jeff Roland model 6 amps for summertime listening.
I listen to all types of music except rap; but mostly jazz, choir with organ, acoustic, classical and classic rock for when Pink Floyd comes around.
It seems both of these speakers get very high marks but I would like to hear from people who have had experiences with either.Regards in advance
rleff
Al,

I know we communicated about the DEQX before and that this might not be an opportune time for you to arrange for a home audition-road test. But I hope in the very near future that it will be a more convenient time for you to arrange a DEQX home-audition road test.

I am extremely interested in reading your comments about whether the DEQX's time coherence and EQ room corrections take a great speaker like your Daedalus and squeezes the last bit of greatness out of it.

If and when you decide to do a DEQX home-audition, be sure that Larry, the "DEXQpert" in Colorado, makes the adjustments. A "local" dealer is not qualified to do the road show.

Tell ya what .... if and when you want to arrange a home-audition, e mail me through A'gon and I'll hook you up with the DEQX US National Sales Manager. He'll set you up.

Cheers,

BIF
Thanks, Bruce (Bifwynne). I'm anticipating addressing the possibility, and I suspect the likelihood, of adding a DEQX to my system late this winter.

Best,
-- Al
Another happy Daedalus user here. I have had the DARMAs for 5 years and they are up there with my 2 or 3 best purchases. Almarg's description, is right on the money, detailed fast accurate, but not bright or fatiguing at all.

One suggestion if the Ulysses are a bit rich for you, is to consider a smaller model, particularly the Athena's. I listened to the Ulysses and DARMAs(a standmount version of the Athena) carefully at RMAF a few years ago and really, you are'nt losing much with the smaller model