Is it time that Klipsch Heritage marketing a subwoofer?

In a recent review, influencer/reviewer Andrew Robinson said that he thinks it’s high time Klipsch designed and marketed a subwoofer for use with its Heritage line products. I fully agree!

For years I’ve thought Klipsch should do this. There are many folks running subwoofers with Heritage speakers. Dialing in subs with Heritage products can create a loudspeaker system that can take your breath away. What’s more, it seems like Klipsch is (a) losing out on sales of subwoofers here; and (b) could design the products to work specifically well with its Heritage speakers.

All thoughts and opinions welcome, but if you hate horns, hate Klipsch, etc. please move on and let those on this thread suffer.

PS Please forgive the grammatical error in the title. Audiogon won't let you edit titles (still). 

128x128jbhiller

I own a Klipsch sub and it is working great in my setup. There were no subwoofers back in the day so I think if you have a "Heritage" sub it would be from the nineties and not really fit their retro branding for the Heritage line. The regular subs already perform well, no need to fix and this way they only need one category of subs for all of their lines (heritage, wireless, RP, etc). Their outdoor sub would be the exception.

I use 2 REL subs from the "Q" era bought "previously owned" for peanuts. A Q150e and a Q108MK2 that work perfectly with a pair of Heresy IIIs. The REL thing (and some other subs seemingly) called "high level," using the speaker outputs instead of a preamp line out, appeals to me and works great. I make my own REL cable from Canare and Neutrik stuff.  My Pass XA-25 has a damping factor of 500 that keeps the subs tight I suppose. The Heresy IIIs roll off pretty steeply around 58hz so that's where the subs are adjusted to, again to great effect. Not sure what the point of "Heritage" subs would be since there were no subs in 1957 (I think...don't know the actual history). 

I think the point would be a <$1k sub generically designed isn't as attractive to someone shelling out $6k, $12k, $25k for the upper end of Heritage speakers. I'm talking about a sub designed to compliment the Heritage line specifically. Certainly there was no sub in 1957. Some of the tech in the Heritage line wasn't around in 1957 as well.  Corvettes didn't have anti-lock brakes in the 50's either. 

I think it's time for Klipsch to do it.  The bass rolloff on so many models leaves much to be desired, and for every Heritage lover that says I have tons of bass coming out of my LaScala, Cornwall, etc., there are plenty others who use quality subs with them that are not in Klipsch's other lines. 

I have a REL sub,  its been good but I would love a sub that matched and complemented my Forte IV.