Bricasti Model 1 Series II DAC

This DAC seems pretty interesting from both an analogue as well as digital conversion point of view:

https://bricasti.com/en/consumer/m1s2.php

I currently own a highly modded DirectStream MKI DAC, but this DAC I really want.... MSRP is around $12K....

Any opinions on this DAC?

adriaan

I am a Bricasti dealer and when customers contact me about upgrading from the original DSD, Bricasti is regularly where they land.  I have not heard the new V2 yet but I do have a customer who has upgraded and has said it is better than the M1 SE in every way.  He started with the M3 and traded up.  Originally, he traded in the DSD.  

What is the turnaround time at Bricasti for the M1SE upgrade to the M1S2 not including shipping time?  The reason I ask is that I just shipped my M1SE to Bricasti and they should receive it on Wednesday and I’m trying to estimate when I’ll get it back.  Thanks!

Upgrades are between end user and Bricasti.  My customer did not share how long the upgrade took so I don’t know.  Maybe another user here has upgraded.  

What's the cost of upgrading an M1SE to the M1S2? Would it be worth buying a used M1 then having it upgraded?

I had my M1se with network / renderer card upgraded to an S2.  I think the actual upgrade, excluding shipping, took a couple of days.  Cost was $2500 plus shipping.