2023 AXPONA Show Report

Here's all the Exhibitors at this year's show  

https://axpona.com/exhibitors

You all got to hear the all new Mon Acoustic Supermon Isobaric Speakers and Sanctus Cables, they must be heard to be believed ! They will at Booth 646 at this Show !

Who's going to this Show ?

rick2000

I've been to a couple of audio shows... one was great but the second was a disappointment. and 500 miles away... flew down and paid for room to get bummed out. Would love to go to Axpona but I haven't lost anything in Chicago so that is a major hurdle that I just can't get over. They have a large one in Germany that I've been thinking about and may end up their sooner or later.

Interesting about the venders not allowing you to play your music on their equipment.... I've noticed from watching demos on youtube that the songs appear to be manipulated to sound better than the original. I have really good equipment so it isn't that theirs are just better sounding equipment. I can understand that they want their equipment to shine and might be reluctant to have a nobody (buyer) put on something that they may feel degrades their sound.

Never having been before so not sure what to expect, but I don’t think critical listening will be part of it…..maybe I’m wrong.

I will be visiting 432 Evo, Auralic, Aurender, Lumin, and Innuous to learn more about the tech in their streamers. Also a few speakers I want to begin looking into (Fritz, Joseph Audio, and Tannoy, ??)

I'm very surprised at the criticism of AXPONA. i have been to quite a few. It's awesome. Earplugs? I've never heard anything loud to any excessive level. I have loved these shows. I'm not sure what people want. You go to get a taste of the gear. If you've never gone I highly recommend it.

I live about 20 minutes from AXPONA. Therefore, I go every year. I always learn something new. 

bubba12, I agree totally.  I've been twice now and really looking forward to this year.  Trying to make it 2 days but we'll see about that.  You have to realize you are not going for critical listening.  Just go and have a good time and marvel at the sheer amount of gear on display. Yes, alot of it is ridiculously expensive.  But, a man can dream right?

I've never needed earplugs except the one time in a Martin Logan room where the guy turned DSoTM up so loud the amps were clipping.  I think they were Parasound.  Not sure what he was thinking!  I was out of there in a heartbeat.  

I live close so this is a no-brainer for me.  I've thought that maybe Chicagoans should wear some type of sign so we can find/meet each other.  It would be cool to meet a few fellow 'philes.  Leave your attitude at the door.