What to do with my legacy CD collection?

I am about to dive head first into Hi-Res Digital Audio streaming.  My current situation is complex, though.

I have 6,000 cds in my collection.  I am beginning a project to rip my favorites ~ 2,000 cds, which are mostly special editions, rare and collectible, to FLAC files and play them on my Innuos Zenith mk3 server and Qutest Dac using an ipad and Innuos Sense app as my UI.  

The whole rig will be backed up to a  2 drive Synology Nas using RAID 1 plus an icloud back-up.  

I will keep these as many are Mofi Gold, DCC gold, SACDs, DVD-Audio Disks in 5.1 surround, HDCD encoded, etc., to occaisionally play them on my Oppo 105 universal player where they sound marvelous.

That leaves me with 4,000 CDs leftover.  Most of them can be Hi-Res streamed via Quobuz or Tidal, both of which are native to my Innuos server.

Some of these are in original jewel cases (about 1,500) that I will sort through and keep, sell (haha), donate or toss.  

The remaing 2,500 are in binders without artwork.  I really don't know what to do with this group: keep as back-ups or toss.  Any suggestions?

I would appreciate any opinions or feedback on my plan, so far.

TIA!

Ag insider logo xs@2xdrlou77

@dayglow I understand your point of view.  My objective is primarily motivated out of convenience for the 2,500 CDs you refer to above.  I fully expect to continue to use my Modwright Oppo 105 when SQ matters, such as SACDs, Dvd-Audio, HDCD encoded discs, SBM discs, Mofi, DCC, etc,

That is where my head is that at this point.

@drlou77 
Why not make sure that SQ is the same, or better with ripped and streamed music? This and your raid + cloud backup should make physical media redundant, except for SACD albums that aren’t available as high resolution files.

Keep all the special CDs that aren’t available to stream and donate the rest to a worthy cause, charity, library, etc.  I’d try to pick one that would get you a tax deduction so you at least get something for them.  If you buy CD cases in bulk you might be able to get all those naked CDs in cases for very little cost and may make them more desirable to the place you choose to donate and will protect them for the next user.   Just a thought, and best of luck.