Absorption, Diffusion or a combination of it all?

Looking to add more acoustic treatment on the wall behind the speakers. Currently using GIK absorption panels (242). 
Planning to add two more panels that would hang pretty much directly behind the speakers on the upper part of the wall (higher quality image on my system page). 
Any benefit going with diffusors?

Thanks!!!

128x128audphile1

@redlenses03 I spent quiet a bit of time dialing in speaker placement. I’m sure I can squeeze some more out of it when the room acoustics are dealt with. 
Need to look into REW. Haven’t had the time yet. 

@jaytor

Yes, I tried many combinations, including nothing at all. I found that absorption (and bass traps) behind the speakers along the full length of the front wall presented a most realistic presentation: most detail and clarity with realism. Without as much absorption, the sound was more robust, but unrealistically robust, and slightly muddled. Depending on your amplifiers, etc, less absorption may be better in your system.

@erik_squires 

i beg to differ on an all absorptive room sounding terrible. I think it depends on the room. My room was designed by an acoustician and I built it. I would love to have you over for a listen. I think it will really surprise you. If you are ever in Colorado and would like to check it out let me know. 

Ron 

@audphile1 

I would suggest a consultation from an acoustician. Jeff at hdacoustics is very good. Duke LeJeune recommend him to me. He can analyze your room for you. He designed my room and it turned out amazing. Good luck !

Perhaps I'm a purist. I want to hear the recording the way it was produced and intended to be heard.

Compressed and with a sizzling treble for ear buds/car radio playback? I think a lot of recordings are engineered with the lowest common denominator in mind.