For those that have heard Dutch & Dutch 8c..

For those that have heard the Dutch and Dutch 8c speakers, Are they more clinical sterile monitor sound or great musical speakers? Also, they have DSP to improve  room acoustics correct?

The reason I ask this is because I was considering upgrading my integrated amp and speakers to improve the sound in my apartment living room which is about 14'x14'. I thought by the time & cost for me to improve my integrated amp and speakers, I may be within a couple grand of getting some powered speakers like the D&D 8c that I could run off of my BS node 2i streamer since I stream all my music. ( I do have an old separate parasound dac, But let's remove that from the equation.).

Does anybody here see a synergistic combination of used items for sale (integrated amp and speakers) that would provide a better value and sound for an apartment system to stream music on?

Oh! My current system is a Yamaha A-S500 and Acoustic Energy Aegis 3 speakers. [I don't have/use a sub. It would just annoy apartment neighbors].

(and blusound node 2i, parasound zdac, etc)

I stream spotify premium for my listening,

[but do have a collection of flac files on hard drive (nas) that isn't even used anymore]. 

Thanks for your thoughts and input about the D&D 8c or other options.

I previously had Revel f208 but they overpowered the room and had a very "dry" bass. Something with a musical size/power less than the f208 and better sound than the AE Aegis3 would probably be ideal for my listening volume and neighbor's tolerance. Thanks!

128x128labguy

It doesnt matter if anybody has heard them or not. You would need to get the speakers into your apartment and try them out. Nothing we say will tell you what they will sound like to your ears.

Yes, I understand, but certain "monitors" are known to be either more on the clinical sounding neutral side of analytical sound reproduction versus others that although they are monitors, they have a more musical (less sterile clinical presentation).

In addition to that I was also requesting for any suggestions of used equipment available here that might be synergistic to pair together off of the used for sale posts in this forum that would be a better result than what I am currently using. So while I see your point, I don't disagree with what you said I certainly don't think that your statement ends the conversation.

The D&D 8C speakers can be adjusted for any room and placement. You can make them sound clinical, or lush just by changing their curves. With an amp and other speakers you are mostly stuck with their sound, but the D&Ds' can be made to sound like what you want. Anyway, I highly recommend this route for your needs. Oh, I have heard them plenty, and they won't disappoint.