Dark Horse DAC

Doge Dac 7 MKII is probably not on your radar. Maybe it should be.

(52) Doge 7 Tube DAC Review ! The Best DAC Award 🏆 - YouTube

I took a chance and decided to buy it. Not completely broken in, but already 

performing way beyond expectations. Check out the Doge website and read/watch the reviews. For me this DAC is a game changer. Comments??

brauser

The Doge web site states they have only 16 units left to sell, because “management wishes to concentrate on OEM equipment “.  So if interested break out that credit card.

Actually I want my DAC to resolve as much as possible.  I use a tubed preamp so I get my sound stage expansion there, but I want the source to be sending as much information as possible to the amplification 

Balooo2 . This dac was designed in part by matrix in China , as well as Chinese tubes and many other parts , so your point ofthe Gustard is made in China , I see no point , and I agree with ji1ny  Jay is a s hill, I have seen him one month say how great a product is 2 months later that product had several things he didnot prefer. 
the doge mk7 mk2 I heard months ago it was warm and pleasant , but not the last word in low level detail or even close and it’s bottom end was a bit loose in the bass , the Denafrips Pontus2 , and well as as the Gustard R2R26 are better dacs overall imo at under $2k. Jay the Reviewer is just a kid ,if you look back he has flip flopped more then a fish going back 2 years , especially with Loudspeakers ,

this dac will win some people over , and it is no Lampizator  iso no ample power supply and myself many know me in Loudspeaker Xover rebuilds or My Duelund Loudspeaker purifiers , the clarity capacitors used are next to the cheapest quality clarity makes , and you use tons of resolution through so many caps normally  2 quality caps are used forthe output stage I have used many good ones myself in Lampizator the purple clarity caps would be a big upgrade , Millflex from Poland Huge upgrade for less then $100 for all the big output caps ,I would guess these are 1 uf  caps . So before selling the house to buy this know just by looking at the picture without seeing it close up  ,the Gustard  R2R 26 has  excellent build quality using a bunch of high quality parts from Japan llikeNichicon Gold tune filtering caps , potted toroidal transformer to contain stray magnetic fields , and No output caps  it uses direct a quality R2R precision resistor ladder dac architecture , and like the pontus 2  have a good following , ifyou want reference quality look elsewhere .

top quality cost $$ plain and simple tops bargain is IMO the T+A 200 dac around $7k  the Denafrips Terminator dacs their + is their best,  the Holo spring May KTE is verygood in the $6 k range  , the T+A dac by far the best I have heard at this price point  and currently saving for. I have not found a dac at 2x it’s cost that truly betters it ,  around $5k and up to get true Audiophile refined quality dac standards , I am just being honest ,vs the $2k dacs these are on another level by 15% , yes you can do better still but then it may take you $20 k to get another 7% diminishing returns   Your budget will dictate a Lot of this .

Just ordered my T+A DAC 200, will see how it holds up to the Tambaqui. I do love my R26 and I see now its on sale for $1,450 which is a steel IMO.

@kairosman 

Huh!?  I am not saying anything about the OP only sharing information that I have learned or read. As mentioned Twittering Machines loves the tube based Total DAC.  Also I think if the OP took my comment as talking down to him he could have said something.

Chill out 

@nnsixx Dont pass judgement on the R26 until if has 200 hours on it. First listen it will be bright, then over bass and a bit muddy, going back to bright until the 200 hour point where it starts to breathe with tight bass and smooth highs. Also if comparing to other r2r dac make sure is in pcm. If you are running dsd you are in the chip and bypassing the r2r ladder. My favorite setting is nos off filter slow. System ss monos tube pre tall boy for output stage and Vandersteen 2 sig 2’s. The most impressive aspect to my for the R26 is it make my vandies sound like they are three times bigger. It’s a wide soundstage wall of speakers sound. Would love to find some telefunkins but not going to pay $600 per tube.