Feedback QLN Prestige Three Speakers Requested

Forum Members -

While I have another thread asking for general advice on speakers & preamps/power amps, I was hoping to hear feedback specific to the QLN Prestige Three speakers. I am close to purchasing a used pair and would welcome input from folks who own and/or have heard the speaker in-person. 

Based on their reviews and sound clips I've found, they appear to be what I'm looking for: 

• Laid back, yet immersive sound 
  • Musical vs. analytical presentation 
  • Sounds good with tube amplification 
  • Great base for a smaller floor standing speaker 
  • On the warmer and smooth side 

At the end of the day, I'm looking for a speaker that is warm, laid back and musical. After work, while making dinner, or relaxing in the living room, I'd love the speaker to help create a relaxing and comforting environment in my household. 

Musical taste: Classical piano and cello sonatas, acoustic guitar, slowcore/shoegaze rock, bossa nova, electronica/techno and lots of 90's English guitar bands. In brief, I'd like to be able to play lots of different styles of music. I'm finding that's not the case with my existing system, unfortunately. 

I'd replace the Dynaudio Heritage that just fall short on base response... 

The Current System 

• Dynaudio Heritage Special Speakers 
  • Innuous Zenith Music Server
  • Merason DAC1 
  • Qualiton/Audio Hungary Tube Preamp
  • Qualiton/Audio Hungary 100 Watt Power Amp
  • Cardas Clear Interconnect and Cardas Cygnus Speaker Cables 
  • Lessloss Power Cable for Power Amp 

**I've got a Linear Tube Audio Microzotl Preamp on the way to replace the Qualiton/Audio Hungary Tube Preamp 

My Question for Forum Members: 
What are your impressions of the QLN Prestige Three? Based on what I'm looking for, do you recommend the QLN Prestige Three? If not, what else might you recommend that fits what I'm looking for? 

THANK YOU! 

bluethinker66

Yes, quite a few times both in real living situations and a dealer.

You may want to look into Verity as well. More neutral than QLN but it’ll take character from your amps. Tube friendly, the Parsifal less so. It’s on the demure / polite side, hard to imagine your partner finding fault with it but don’t quote me on that!

I heard these at AXPONA audio show in Chicago last April. 

They do sound warm and laid back but I personally could not own them, too much of the music’s presence was missing.

It is possible to have a balanced, slightly tapered off sound that is pleasing, never thin or harsh and still have musical excitement.

These aren’t them.

+1 Verity Audio.  They fly a bit under the radar but are fantastic.  Another would be Gershman Avant Garde.  Both of these are hard to find, but if you can find them well worth the effort.  ProAc is also very musical but still very nicely detailed. 

Post removed 

@soix - Great question. I realize it certainly doesn't appear logical.

I'm planning on using the Linear Tube Audio also as a headphone amp in the living room when I'm not speaking or hanging out with my wife, but where she might be reading in the same room, etc. There seems to be such great feedback on the LTA Microzotl that I wanted to give it a go... I like the ethos of the company and wanted to give it a go. If I don't like it, or it downgrades the sound (I don't expect it to), I'll explore a Cary and/or Conrad Johnson tube preamp next. 

For playing music in the living room, because of my wife's sensitivity, looking for a speaker that is slightly rolled off at the top, but also providing more bass energy, is my priority.