Women Who Rock

There is an excellent new docuseries on Amazon Prime called "Women Who Rock".

This series goes pretty much back to the beginning and continues through today.

Highly recommended!!!

128x128mofimadness

Anyone who enjoys blues/rock should check out Joanne Shaw Taylor "White Sugar"

and Laura Cox "Burning Bright" 

(Man do they Rock!)😜

Both EXCELLENT Albums!

Richpop,

"Janis Joplin" ! One of a kind! Saw here several times in Santa Barbara! I worked the events "luccky Me" She could drink everyboby under the table! ! Loved  her or hate her She was AWSOME !

I managed to see & hear Janis Joplin live in the Summer of ’67, and she was definitely a force of nature! Unfortunately the rest of Big Brother were as lame a professional band as I have ever seen & heard. I never saw her after she dumped the hippies and got herself a decent band (Full Tilt Boogie).

For those of you who like white female (is it okay to discuss them separately from the men? ;-) Blues singers, try to see & hear Lou Ann Barton live. She was the lead singer in The Triple Threat Revue, the band’s guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan not yet having sung on stage. Lou Ann often accompanies Jimmie Vaughan when he hits the road, he giving over to her the front of the stage. A "full-throated" gal, whom I love.

Lou Ann’s debut album on Asylum Records (entitled Old Enough) was produced by Jerry Wexler and Glenn Frey, and recorded at The Muscle Shoals Sound Studios in Sheffield Alabama, using the Studio’s incredible house band, a/k/a The Swampers). The album is absolutely fan-f*ck*ng-tastic!

I saw Wendy O. back in the 80's - I haven't been the same since. I still have at least one 45 record of hers that is stashed someplace. The jacket is amazing.

Some great artists listed here, even if the OP didn't mean for anyone to create a list.