Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

I find it interesting that some here are reporting an improvement in sound stage dimensions after the upgrade. While I really like my Pontus II, the one area I would like to see improvement on is the sound stage. I am looking forward to this upgrade in a big way!

Just bought a T+ less than 2 months ago. Really enjoying the upgrade from my prior DAC (which was no slouch). From all I'm reading, I'll be looking forward to the firmware update in May. Thanks @dcespeedy for the added info. I'm a USB Windows user. Your input will make the update go smooth.

I recently had the pleasure of updating my TPlus II DAC with the new firmware from Vinshine Audio, and I have to say, I am absolutely blown away by the results.

First of all, the update process itself was a breeze. It only took me about 10-15 minutes to complete, and I didn't encounter any issues or complications along the way. The instructions provided by Vinshine Audio were clear and easy to follow, and I appreciated that they made the process as user-friendly as possible.

But the real magic happened once the update was complete. As soon as I started listening to music through my newly updated TPlus II, I could tell that something was different - and in the best possible way. The soundstage was wider and more spacious, and I could hear details in the music that I hadn't noticed before. The bass was deeper and more impactful, and the overall sound was smoother and more refined.

I found myself listening to music for hours on end, just reveling in the newfound clarity and richness of the sound. It's like I'm hearing my favorite songs for the first time all over again.

I should also mention that I was lucky enough to be part of a limited beta tester group for the TPlus II firmware update. While the general public release is scheduled for May, I was able to get my hands on it early and see the benefits for myself.

In short, if you're a TPlus II owner, I would highly recommend keeping an eye out for the upcoming firmware update. It's a game-changer, and it's sure to take your listening experience to new heights. Thank you, Alvin, for providing such an incredible product and for allowing me to be part of the beta testing process.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the results of the TPlus II firmware update. @alvin1118 ​​​​​​ and his team at Vinshine Audio have truly outdone themselves with this one, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to take their listening experience to the next level. The update process is easy, the results are astounding, and the customer service from Vinshine Audio is top-notch. Thank you, Alvin, for creating such an amazing product and making the update process so seamless. I am a very satisfied customer indeed!

Thanks! Good to know. I also have TPlus, just submitted the photo of the chip. Too bad I have to wait till May to do the update... :)

The results of the FPGA update were positive, and if directions are followed fairly easy to do.  After sending in the required photo of the chip and filling out the form I received my download link from Vinshine Audio within 24 hours; their support and communication has been amazing.  The following are a few noteworthy points that I experienced:

- The flashing process took longer than the "up to 5 minutes" estimate that was mentioned in the instructions.  It actually took 7 minutes and the last couple of minutes gave me a couple of gray hairs!

- I experienced a small amount of micro-skipping when streaming via toslink from a Wiim Pro.  This problem has since disappeared but will keep an ear to this to see if the problem returns.  Vinshine did mention that the FPGA may need to burn in so maybe this was part of the burn in process.  I did not experience any micro-skipping with my Jolida CD player via digital coaxial. 

- The upgrade without question improved my listening experience; larger soundstage, better instrument separation, improved bass definition, and micro details became clearer.  I read on other forums that some people experienced brightness.  It is my opinion that the upper end became smoother in my system.  The sound improvement gave me a taste of audio nirvana and now makes me wonder what I may be missing from the upper echelon dacs from Denafrips.