Brand New Vinyl Static and Pops

Nothing major, but annoying.

Could it be because I was spinning old dirty vinyl which made the platter dirty/dusty?

I'm about to buy the humminguru. Does anything go well with it?

128x128jjbeason14

I probably have 20 albums unopened and purchased over the last few months.  When entering my listening room, I prefer to listen to music and I always ultrasonic clean a new record.  So, new records get cleaned in batches when I’m not listening to music.

I said dirt not static electricity. Static is not inserted at the factory. The culprit is us .

@re-lar-kvothe +1

I US clean new records with a Degritter. 

However, playing the vinyl will cause static buildup.   No different than rubbing a ballon to get static buildup.   Some records do have an annoying amount of surface noise. Others very little. 

I use the Destat III to accomplish two tasks. First use the Destat to reduce static. Then use a carbon fiber brush to remove any dust particles.  Static can cause the dust to want to adhere to the vinyl.  Using in this way the dust and particles wipe right off. I’ve noted since using this method, there is almost no dust accumulating on the cartridge or stylus. 

If your record played without noise the first play and notice noise with additional playing, it must have to do with dust or static.

I’ve noticed that moving and fixed coil cartridges seem to be less susceptible to popping from static.  I believe that removing the static to allow the dust to be easily removed will benefit any vinyl playback regardless of setup  

YMMV

Surprised no one mentioned the 2 products that are said to remove static while playing the LP. I have no experience with them but after much investigation they seem to be worthwhile. Yes above the OP price point but just thought I'd mention them.