Brand New Vinyl Static and Pops

Nothing major, but annoying.

Could it be because I was spinning old dirty vinyl which made the platter dirty/dusty?

I'm about to buy the humminguru. Does anything go well with it?

128x128jjbeason14

Showing 6 responses by rsf507

Surprised no one mentioned the 2 products that are said to remove static while playing the LP. I have no experience with them but after much investigation they seem to be worthwhile. Yes above the OP price point but just thought I'd mention them.

I've used the Zerostat before and nothing. A friend has the Furutech and says it's OK but after the 1st or 2nd song of an LP he hears those small clicking sounds he says are static discharges. 

I've seen those other 2 products from overseas stores selling for just under 2k 

I used a Furutech Destat III for several weeks, borrowed from a dealer. It works but I think I've said it before, after 5-7 minutes of playing an LP the static pops & clicks are back. Not on every LP but the majority. 

Sorry @jjbeason14 I don't have anything that I can recommend. I do hope to try that CS Port static device in about 3 weeks. Yes expensive but I'm saving up and if it works as described (do a search on What's Best Forums) it maybe worth the $$$. For me since I listen to 80% vinyl it seems, if it works as others have claimed, well worth the investment.