Spendor D9.2 Run In

Just got new Spendor D9.2's, primarily because of the well regarded midrange, and wanted to know how long the run-in will take based on experience.  I generally don't play them loud, but when I do they seem to blare.  A bit concerning.  Also when played at moderate levels the mids sound tuned high.  What is the deal?  Thanks

alphonsodamato

"Wow, that sounds really disappointing overall. Especially the lack of good tone"

Yup I've had mine for 8 months now and I'll be listing them for sale soon as i just cannot get them to gel in my room. my room has been a pain in my you know what for a decade now. 

midrange is great the rest is lacking IMO, in my room of course. 

Post removed 

That was a clever ruse for inserting spam @racs_fear . Hopefully the moderators will see it and flag you.

I've had the 9.2s for 6 months.   After two months, they appeared to be full broken in and I love them.

All amplification is Naim with a Rega Planar 8 with a Hana Red. 

It's wonderful and I highly recommend it. 

One thing, and I'm sure I'm repeating people, get the cables right.  I use the Naca5 but am considering the Superlumina.   Just can't seem to write that check based on how great everything sounds.   Mark 

I have older classic Spendors and have rolled many tubes over the years. I have found JJs to be bright and steely, but not refined. Dump them.

try tube rolling to offset the highs, the stock mac jjs can have a bright top.