ScanSpeak Ellipticor-A50-II (anyone build them?)

Has anyone built them and if so what are you thoughts?

smodtactical

The SNR1 are not the worlds finest speakers as they are using cheaper drivers. They have received a lot of complaints from the engineers over at diyaudio.

Aww, @kenjit is upset I’ve outed his many multiple accounts, and then he acts out with a non-sequitor attack and makes statements provably false.

The big difference between you and me, Kenjit, if I had to pick just one, is that I put my data and designs up for anyone to see and am quite proud of the results. You blow a bunch of hot air and then claim your methods are so secret no one should see your work. If anyone asks what I think good crossover design or what a good sounding 2-way speaker is I can point to that blog post and say "Here I am."

You post two or three times a week, complain about non-issues and hope others run around chasing their tails and ignore the fact that you have no solution for any of the problems you claim to have solved, and you make so many insinuations in a single sentence it’s hard to unpack.

speaker mesaurements cant be done at home with a cheap mic. What tools are you using to measure?

My measurement tools and techniques and a great deal of my measurements are on my blog. Where are any of yours??

and on reflection, given the source of the noise… i suggest a shunt of cheap corroded aluminum wire to a Ben Franklin era copper rod sunk deep into the heart of an overfilled septic system… The septic system would see the noise as a …. downgrade…

AS TO: Price diffrences between DIY and "ready made" speakers. The parts cost in a commercial speaker is maybe 20% if you're lucky  The workders in the factory must be paid. The building/business must be insured. There are vehicles which must be bought and maintained. All organiztions between you and the factory must be paid (distributors, dealers, shippers). Cabinets must be finished (sanding, glue, stains, varnishes), and any rejects must be written off. The kit builder only has to pay for parts, and he is often on his own for cabinetry & finishing. So a $300 - $400 kit  represents a $2000 - $4000 speaker in a dealer's showroom. And the crossover you build is probably far superior to the one in that beautifully finished speaker with the full page ad in the magazines. Oooh! The Advertising; I forgot to mention that. Build your own speakers. You will love them 'cause you built them! Save your money for Amps (they come in kits, too) and DACs (kits?). Cables are rediculously easy to build, too. Maybe turntables (buy 'em used) and recorded music. Happy Listening.