Oxidation on surface of cable under clear jacket

Wondered if anyone has had this problem.  I have a pair of “Oval” cables I was going to reintroduce into my system.  They’re 15 years old.  I noticed that green oxidation had formed over a length of the cable under the clear jacket.  Since there is shrink tubing over the spade connector, so I can’t tell if the oxidation has reached the connector.  Problem is the manufacturer’s warranty was over many years ago.  They weren’t inexpensive. Seems others have had the same issue.  I guess I’ll give them a call to see what can be done, but I’m not optimistic.  I do have another manufacturer’s cables I can use if this can’t be remedied.. Your thoughts?

deanrk

Winoguy17 yup Mine are worse than that, but that’s it!  And I think as your picture shows, the clear sheathing may be pulled over the copper conductor which allow air infiltration and oxidation to take place.  But when I set up my system in our new house (another post for another time!), I’ll give the Oval 9s and the Kimber 12 TCs a listen to see which I prefer.

Seen it worse than this ....

That looks like it would provide limited protection from ingress of external air, but even if it did, there is a lot of air trapped inside to interact with the copper.

Almosthome your guess is better than mine!

Thespeakerdude  outside sheathing is on the thicker side which does afford protection from objects cutting through, but not air infiltration