Choosing new cables

I am looking to upgrade my current cables.  This should be my last system as I retired a few years ago and most of my components have been seriously updated in the last couple of years.  I have been in this audio hobby for about 50 years and have always have great sounding musical systems.

My current cables all work and sound great but are 15 - 20 years old.  So updating is what I need.  I am budgeting around $10k - $15k for all new cables.

I have always felt the i/c's were the most important cable followed by the speaker cables and the power cords.  However I am now leaning towards spending more on the power cords followed by the speaker cables and last the i/c.

I know all cables are very important but how would you prioritize the cables?  Any suggestions on any brands would also be appreciated!

bobheinatz

Thanks for the feedback so far.  This will be a slow process one that I want to do right.   Keep them coming.

@lak I really don't know which Jade cables I hav.  It's been so long I simply don't remember.   They did sound really good.

@cohsystms

The goal of ADD-Powr products is to increase the musicality of the audio system from the AC power source to the delivery of the signal to the speaker.

+1

@bobheinatz , I have invested in cables, power conditioners, and add-powr products. When I upgrade a cable I it upgrades 1 pathway and then you have power cables, interconnects, digital IC, HDMI, USB, and ethernet. It is time consuming and yes, worthwhile. When I plugin an add-powr product it upgrades the entire system, from my PJ to my speakers. It doesn’t take any time, is a single product, and upgrades the actual SIGNAL that is carried through every cable and component in the system.

@bobheinatz you have some good interconnects and speaker cables that you should feel very good about. What you are about to do is spend additional funds for a different sound and jump down a dark rabbit hole. With that said, I'm very guilty of having done that several times myself. If I were you I'd phone Collin at Gestalt Audio Design in Nashville TN and discuss this with him. He can give you some excellent choices and he is a wealth of information.

In addition to that make sure you upgrade your power cords and make sure you are using one or two dedicated circuits with good AC outlets. Your power filtration is very important.