Bel Canto E1-X Dac

I am seriously thinking of this dac which JA raved about.

Woulld appreciate comments from any owners here.

Thanks in advance. 

128x128jon2020

@soix Thanks for your post — as for the DNA 1 Gold with gravity base, it was my upgrade — and I couldn’t be happier (actually it was their “gravity base Junior”, but it’s still a hefty piece of metal!)

I don’t have a good basis for comparing it, since my only other quality amp was the DNA-1 that I upgraded, but in my limited experience, I can’t imagine an amp sounding any better than this. Good luck with your upgrade, and let us know how it turns out! 

JA reviews mean nothing. Have you ever seen a negative review from him or any of the magazine reviewers? Every piece of equipment reviewed by any of the audio magazines is a glowing review. I subscribe to all these magazines but think some of the reviewers on the net and YouTube are much better and have no problem giving products negative reviews if appropriate

If you can afford it ,the T&A 200 dac is by far the best I have heard at aro7nd $7k

beat dacs 2 x Thst . In our audio club I have heard pretty much everything out there 

including Holosprings  May KTE, terminator+,  Meitner , mojo audio 

mono mola , Bricasti m1 SE . This is state of the art and use 8 dacs stacked plus many other innovations ,and true galvanic isolation  I am currently 

saving for one .  Well worth getting an audition.