Will increasing speaker cable AWG make a difference in sound quality?

Increasing speaker cable size (for example w/AQ the cable sizes move up in size from 15AWG to 10AWG) improve sound quality?

128x128farne230

Never heard of Zavfino before today, and I see many mentioning it. A company with USA in their name, apparently based out of little farmhouse in the middle of no where in Canada, and made somewhere in the world. Definitely leveraging the power of the internet and outsourcing.

New idea measuring speaker cable by AWG.  Just buy some fairly heavy cable and stop obsessing.  If it really mattered you would move your amps and speakers so they could be directly connected/hard wired.  For instance, if I turned my monoblocs around they would connect to the speaker terminals with six inches of wire.  But that's not good, most of us think speakers need to see some capacitance/inductance load and three or four feet of cable.

Or if you're the obsessive type spend $00000s on some smart arse speaker cable as long as you can afford to pay for.

The longer the run the higher the gauge generally. I have settled on Audioquest Type-4. It seemingly does not add or subtract from the music, and it is relatively affordable. Yeah, would I like to get my hands on a run or two of Auditorium 23’s? Certainly, but the prices keep going up up up....they are also not readily available, well even the Type-4’s are getting tough to find. Audio Advisor, seemingly one of the only places that will still sell you custom terminated runs are temporarily out of stock. The good thing about cables is you generally only buy it once. I run two pairs of the Type-4 for bi-wiring.

thespeakerdude 456 posts

Never heard of Zavfino before today, and I see many mentioning it. A company with USA in their name, apparently based out of little farmhouse in the middle of no where in Canada, and made somewhere in the world. Definitely leveraging the power of the internet and outsourcing.

I’m not sure what you have against farmers or Nova Scotia but I have a feeling you might have difficulty finding it on a map.

@sworksone ,

I’m not sure what you have against farmers or Nova Scotia but I have a feeling you might have difficulty finding it on a map.

You may want to think long and hard on that statement. How did I know it was a little farmhouse in the middle of no where, unless I found it on a map? Not sure where farmer's came into the conversation. Do you go the the local farm for your audio cables? I go there for eggs. Wonderful people. They have an eclectic range of chickens. A box of 12 eggs looks like an easter basket, no paint required.