Glorious TuneTot ... ???

Review / Not a Review - by Darko Audio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fg9UKBP1Gw
rego

it is well known among wilson speaker fans that since founder david wilson passed and his son daryl took over running the company, the tweeter on the speakers have changed to a soft dome model that tames the extreme brightness and unforgiving nature that was a defining aspect of the wilson sound

as such, the newer models still have excellent impact and realism but are more forgiving of less ideally recorded music - i suspect the tunetots exemplify this important change

as with any good standmount speaker mated with subs, proper room setup and subwoofer integration are essential for the best sound

This thread is another good example that Wilson has a long history of people either loving them or disliking the sound. I've heard various Wilsons a number of times over the years and never cared for them. 

At $10K a pair, I'm not even interested in having a listen to see if these are any different than what I've heard in the past. Can't begin to tell you how many times I've been told that "this time" they've fixed what I didn't like about the house sound of a particular brand only to find that nothing has really changed. 

But, that's the nice thing about this hobby. Everyone gets to listen and decide for themselves. 

the tweeter on the speakers have changed to a soft dome model that tames the extreme brightness 

Thats not true. Brightness can depend on many factors. The crossover, the room, your ears, the recording. Dont be so ridiculous to claim that it is all down to the material of the tweeter dome. 

kenjit you are a moron

i am not generalizing, my post addresses wilson specifically and the effect their change in tweeter has made in their speakers

read, comprehend and digest before posting your disagreeable garbage

The old Focal metal dome that Wilson used to use was known to ring at high freq's. When they changed to the silk dome ( Dave was still alive at the time), everyone, including myself, felt this was a major improvement in the high freq SQ. 

The review of the Tune Tot's is a good one, but like the reviewer stated, not of too much value as he did not compare to other speakers at similar price points.