Tubes or Solid State?

I'm looking to replace my solid state Musical Fidelity M2si integrated amplifier that I've been using as a preamp with a dedicated preamp. I have been considering tube line stages from Maple Tree, and, Van Alstine and the LSA Hyperdrive Preamp/Headphone amp. I am also looking at the SPL Elector MK2 which is solid state and a bit more money.
The tubes are supposed to be warmer and the SPL is supposed to be absolutely dead quiet. 
Thanks

dierksb

Not sure where this whole "warmer" thing comes from. Possibly from the sound of old receivers (radios). I've late 50's power amps and tube phono amps with 28 tubes in total from cartridge to speakers. And it is NOT warm-sounding. 

@grislybutter 

I think @erik_squires  meant if you are going to upgrade, go for something that is double the SQ but he posted double the $.

@ghdprentice I’m looking at all possibilities, and haven’t ruled anything out yet, well anything under $2K in price that is. My "forever system" is almost in place. I think a tube preamp would be just the thing to put it over the top. (see below)
@soix I’m just looking to kick things up a notch or two in terms of realism and detail.Looking to spend under $2K.
@kota1 Thanks. Sounds like a good idea.

@elliottbnewcombjr I don’t need, or want a lot features, a remote volume control and a fixed out put along with a variable output so I can feed my headphone amp. In fact one of the things I like about my M2si is its minimalist design. Input selectors and a single volume potentiometer no tone or balance controls. I am also shying away from a tube power amp. I’m not going down that rabbit hole!
My system as it is comprised today.

Yamaha T-1000 tuner.

Audiolab 6000 CDT
Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC

Musical Fidelity M2si integrated amp (preamp usage only)
Musical Fidelity X-P200 power amp, (a compact little beast, 125 wpc @8 ohms 75 amperes of current) Solid state and I have no intention of replacing it.

Pro-Ject Head Box Ds2 Headphone amp.
Sennheiser HD 599 Headphones

Speakers (last but certainly not least) ESS RMII-6", 94 db sensitivity. AMT tweeter with a frequency response that seems to have no upper limit. The company’s slogan is "Sound as clear as light", and these live up to that. The bass on these goes down to 35hz as well. I love, love, love them.
I have SVS speaker cables with banana plugs and Blue Jeans cables LC 1s (three feet) RCA interconnects.
So I’m looking to end up with a tube preamp/ solid state power amp combination. (The best of both worlds according to some of my audiophile friends)
Thanks for the responses people

@elliottbnewcombjr I don't know much about streamers at all. I do know I don't want to subscribe to a streaming service in order to be able to use one.
About DACs all I'll say is this. A CD transport/DAC combination, even a budget DAC like mine will deliver superior performance to any stand alone CD player at up to triple the price of the Transport/DAC combo.