CD TRANSPORT THAT MAKES AN AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE

I CURRENTLY USE A CAMBRIDGE TRANSPORT WITH MY BERKELEY DAC 2 AND TOGETHER IT SOUNDS VERY, VERY GOOD - ALMOST GREAT : )

AMP, SPEAKERS AND CABLES ARE ALL EXCELLENT TOO.  

WHAT CD TRANSPORT WILL MAKE A SIGNIFICANT, AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE?

Paul

128x128paul_lindemann

Project rs2 transport so good it played cd better than sacd (same album) so sold the better format. Superb player

How  good is  PS audio prefect wave CD/SACD?

User's in put much appreciated.

@bigkidz

The CEC TL3N is excellent, and the Project Audio transport was our favorite that simply was an instant sonic difference maker in about three system we tried it in. There was no going back and forth, it was simply the nicest sounding of them all. The lower priced transports are nice for the money but the Project was the one to purchase. The Jays was good, very dynamic but was not as musical as the older Metronome which we felt the Project was in another league all together.

Insightful comparisons from a manufacturer of a very high end DAC. In addition someone who’s heard 3 highly regarded CD transports (CEC, Jay’s Audio and Pro-Ject RS2T). One could not go wrong with any of this trio but I understand his conclusion. The RS2T I’ve had in my audio system the last 16 months and can concur that it is genuinely sublime sounding.

It is by design a small footprint and compact CD transport with a huge performance presentation. The better one’s DAC, the more one will recognize and appreciate the quality contribution of the Pro-Ject RS2T. It replaced my “terrific” P.S. Audio PWT memory transport. It is an improvement across the board.

Granted, it is considerably more expensive than the value oriented Cambridge transport. Sometimes you really get what you have paid for.

There are some of us who are well aware of digital audio streaming and acknowledge what it offers. However, we immensely enjoy and appreciate very high level Redbook CD playback and media. The RS2T is meant for this type of listener.

Charles