Best Direction/Product Combo DAC/Streamer

Hello, I am wondering if anyone would recommend a combination DAC/Streamer that will also be able to accommodate or allow me to connect my CD Transport?  I often stream music when I am playing background music and as of now have a Schiit Audio Modi as my Dac and an original Bluesound Node as my streamer.  I also run a Cambridge Audio CD transport connected to the Modi.  I would like to puchase a combination product to minimize the number of boxes.  Does anyone have a recommendation?  Thank you in advance.

128x128muaythai

I recently purchased a Cocktail x-40, and I love it.  It is a combination component.  It's a NAS/Streamer/cd transport/cd ripper/DAC/fm tuner/Phono recorder.  It can be used as a stand alone preamp as it has digital attenuation built in. The current model is the Cocktail x-50. Here's a link. Cheers

www.cocktailaudio.com/home/sub01.php

+1 on the Auralic Altair. I have the G1 which is a phenomenal one box solution for its price. I haven't heard the G2 yet but I can only imagine it's better.

Bruce

I'll second  @jbuhl's suggestion of the Moon Ace.

I will also add that if you do not need the analogue input and amplification functions, the Moon 280D is a fabulous unit also, and a small but useful step up from the Moon Ace.

What is the budget?

The TDAI is probably the best solution if on needs an amp and room correction and a streamer, but you are probably not in that boat.