Building stands for Harbeth 40.2's

I talked with my builder today. I told them I would reach out for more expert opinions on a final design.

Since the TonTragers are the benchmark for Harbeth stands, I'm trying to match them as much as possible.

Question 1- The TonTragers have a 1 inch riser in each corner of the top of the stand. Is this critical for optimal sound ? Or would it be sufficient for the speaker to sit flat on the top of the stand ?

Question 2- Obviously the top needs to be open except for the exterior frame, but can the base be a solid flat piece of wood...or should that be open also ?

Please chime in with any ideas...also I plan on using some good cone spikes on the bottom.

I've attached a pic of the TonTrager for reference for the above questions.

Thanks in advance.

krelldog

With all 3 series of the Harbeth SHL5’s that I owned I used Something Solid XF speaker stands. They sounded great with all of the 5’s.

https://www.decoaudio.com/deco_audio_speaker_stands.html

Since these are metal they are not a DIY project but they cost around $500 and they sounded almost as good as the Ton-Trager's. 

@whipsaw obviously you can't let this go, not sure how to help you :(

if insulting me does help, please have at it. 

if insulting me does help, please have at it.

If you take at as an insult that I am pointing out the absurdity of your claim, that’s on you.

There are many characterizations of the TonTragers, including negative ones, that would not be hyperbolic. "Boring" would be an example. But "hideous"?

Please.