Name 3 songs where audio quality and song quality completely align

Lately I’ve found myself alternating between music I love (but sounds mediocre) and music I don’t know well or only like (but sounds incredible).

Occasionally, I stumble across a track where the song could both serve as a great show off piece for my gear and I love the music.

If you can, name up to 3 songs where the audio and song quality take you over the moon with pleasure.

128x128hilde45

Jonah Yano - Shoes (not all in English in case it bothers someone)

Lady Blackbird - Fix It (the whole album is great)

Daily Bread, Artifakts (it's under Various Artists on Roon for some reason) - Next Level Style (great for bass, really, don't play late if you have neighbors)

And an extra that definitely is showoffie but I really enjoy - Aisha Duo - Despertar

I have tons of well recorded music I like listening to favorited on Roon. I'm always searching. My tastes are anything but opera, classical and most R&B with folk, hip hop/rap, funk and jazz as probably my favorites...and the Grateful Dead.

Blues Delight - Slightly Hung Over

Roberta Flack - The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face

Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

@grislybutter +1

Dire Straits: "Your Latest Trick" from Brothers in Arms

Boz Skaggs: "I just go" and "Desire" from album, Dig.

ELP: "From the Beginning" ("Lucky Man" is good too)

Donald Fagan: "Morph the Cat" from album of same name.

Supertramp: most of album "Crime of the Century".

Agapi Mou from the album Modeste Hugues - Modeste

Hardly anyone has heard of this album or musician. I discovered Modeste on a blog like Awesome Tapes From Africa when I was 23... the album was unlike any thing I’d ever heard, (usually, I listen to punk and classic rock like AC/DC, Sublime, Nirvana, Alice In Chains) I still listen to this album frequently and I’m 35 now, it’s that good. Now that I have a great hifi system, it sounds ever better.

Molo from the album Aubrey Qwana - Imvula Mlomo

Another African musician. His mother died when he was young, but you’d never know it listening to his peaceful, almost party like music. Molo is one of my favorite songs and it’s recorded really well.

Spring 1 from Max Richter - Vivaldi Recomposed by Max Ritcher

One time I got to listen to a $100,000 stereo system at a store in Mount Kisco, NY. The other songs I played there, you could clearly hear the limitations of the recording, not this one. It sounds like being in a room with 50 people playing stringed instruments. The birds somehow sounded more real than actual bird sounds because of some proximity effect. The violins sound absolutely beautiful and the musicians are possibly the best classical players in the world.

A couple catchy very well recorded honorable mentions Someone that Loves You from Honne - Warm on a Cold Night and (a sad one) Going Home from Sophie Zelmani - Sing and Dance.