Low level listening

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on speakers on low level listening. Currently I have Tekton Lore's. They are the upgraded model and I like them, but they open to most of the time at a higher volume then I'm comfortable with. Smart me had to much fun listening to live music. " tinnitus".  I have ordered Magnapan LRS+ which I auditioned at my home which seemed more articulate at lower volumes. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Speakers or cures ? Just kidding about cures. 

128x128bobdavid

This is biology, not nonsense. Our hearing sensitivity at different frequencies changes with volume. It is why music sounds different with changes with volume. A speaker with exaggerated bass or recessed mids may sound better at lower volume than one that does not, but you solve an issue at low volume and create a new one at high volume. There are easier ways to fix this.

I to thank everyone for their feedback. My system consists of a Audiolab 6000 CDT into a Schiit Bifrost 2 into a Schiit Freya+ into Schiit Lokius to Class D Cherry STM amplifier with 60 volt seperate power supply. It output of 200 into 8ohms, or 400 watts into 4 ohms with Tekton Be Lores. I also have Rythmik  F12SE sub. In seeking idea's I am by no means stopping my order for the LRSs, i'm just seeking knowledge which I certainly appreciate. The Maggies when I auditioned at home over a weekend for lack of a better word had more presence. The image was more defined, and that was with there stands not the Magna Risers

@bobdavid , you have the Lokius so you are set up for playing with equalization for better low volume listening no matter the speakers.

@thespeakerdude Actually it is physiology not biology. Either way, I'm not disputing your chart. 

I'm disputing the claim that low levels will "never sound right" (good/enjoyable?) until you get to 100dB. 

Sounding "right" is subjective and I spent a lot of money getting my system to sound "right" to me, with documented hearing loss, at 85dB or less, in a relatively large room.

OP your audiogram may provide some insight - for me the loss was 750-4KHz 40-60dB.

Basically vowels and made worse by the generally softer female voice. So I flash the report to my wife every once in a while.