Low level listening

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on speakers on low level listening. Currently I have Tekton Lore's. They are the upgraded model and I like them, but they open to most of the time at a higher volume then I'm comfortable with. Smart me had to much fun listening to live music. " tinnitus".  I have ordered Magnapan LRS+ which I auditioned at my home which seemed more articulate at lower volumes. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Speakers or cures ? Just kidding about cures. 

128x128bobdavid

To those in the camp that Magnepans won’t play well at low volumes, I’m willing to bet with a high current amp this wouldn’t be the case. My fully restored/upgraded Apogee Acoustics Duetta II Signature are pretty inefficient, but still sound incredible  at low volumes. I’m also driving them with a beast BAT VK-600 with bat pack (dual mono in the same chassis) solid state amp that produces a huge amount of current.

@dynamiclinearity 

Low levels will never sound right as explained by someone earlier our ear frequency response varies with level and bass and treble are softer than middle frequencies until about 100dB

The correlation between sounding right and 100dB is utter nonsense. My "listening room" is 60ft w x 25ft d open plan (minus a 17x17 ft bedroom with doors on 2 sides) and you can hear the music clearly throughout the house/in the bedroom at 85dB, never mind 8-10ft from the speakers which is where the sweet spot is.  

This is biology, not nonsense. Our hearing sensitivity at different frequencies changes with volume. It is why music sounds different with changes with volume. A speaker with exaggerated bass or recessed mids may sound better at lower volume than one that does not, but you solve an issue at low volume and create a new one at high volume. There are easier ways to fix this.

I to thank everyone for their feedback. My system consists of a Audiolab 6000 CDT into a Schiit Bifrost 2 into a Schiit Freya+ into Schiit Lokius to Class D Cherry STM amplifier with 60 volt seperate power supply. It output of 200 into 8ohms, or 400 watts into 4 ohms with Tekton Be Lores. I also have Rythmik  F12SE sub. In seeking idea's I am by no means stopping my order for the LRSs, i'm just seeking knowledge which I certainly appreciate. The Maggies when I auditioned at home over a weekend for lack of a better word had more presence. The image was more defined, and that was with there stands not the Magna Risers

@bobdavid , you have the Lokius so you are set up for playing with equalization for better low volume listening no matter the speakers.