The new Borresen M1's...a new direction?

The new stand mount speaker from Borresen, called the M1’s, look very interesting. They are utilizing a 4.5" mid/bass driver and a ribbon tweeter. The bass response is stated to go down to 40hz, which for a 4.5" driver is impressive.

The technology employed in the speaker is also somewhat novel, yet it also comes at a cost.

That cost is $100K. or in Europe 94K Eu.

Question is, how many other speaker designers will be producing a stand mount two way with a 4.5" bass/mid driver and now contemplating a price point in the $100-$200K range?

Another question, how many of these M1’s would be expected to sell? And to whom?

128x128daveyf

Anyone done a direct comparison between current Raidho's and new Borresen's?

No Raidho. But live recordings of M1 and Wavetouch speakers.

Alex/Wavetouch **disclose: I make/sell WT speaker.

Original music

Alex,

Not trying to be snarky but have a serious question. If I remember right when the Antero came out it was something like 2-2.5k for a pair. Last week they were $8,000 and today they are $9500. I know materials, labor etc is up but what’s the justification to quadruple the price. 

mofojo

Alex, Not trying to be snarky but have a serious question. If I remember right when the Antero came out it was something like 2-2.5k for a pair. Last week they were $8,000 and today they are $9500. I know materials, labor etc is up but what’s the justification to quadruple the price.

My Antero speakers are very hard to make. No one has a slightest idea what I do to my modded components, cables, and speakers. Simply, the world doesn’t have parts nor elements that I need to make WaveTouch sound. To complete WT sound, I am creating many things no one will believe or understand. It takes lots of money, my time, a effort.

Among my works, Antero speakers are hardest to finish (not cabinet, the sound). Every Antero speakers must sound exact copy of current WT sound (or better) and that is not easy to do.

I heard $100k B. M1 speakers mated with very expensive cables and equipment. Anyway, all expensive and cheap speakers’ sounds in the world are ear hurting veiled and inducing Tinnitus. Only my Antero speakers are a safe from Tinnitus. I know there are many > $10k speakers and I think my Antero is not lacking any thing to any of them.

Everything has a beginning. I have a patent for a WT sound. And there will be a world without Tinnitus one day. Alex/Wavetouch

Alex, speakers don’t cause tinnitus. Loud concerts and all varieties of environmental factors do. Didn’t really answer the question at all.