Master Clock for the SOtM SMS-200 Ultra Neo SE

Hi guys

I have the SOtM SMS-200 Ultra Neo SE in a rig with a very well treated digital signal. It sounds very nice, but it doesn't have a Master Clock input because I did not wanted to pay that aditional cost back then (now I kind of regret it as I have a Master Clock).

Has anyone of you tried this device with and without a Master Clock feeding it? Does it really make a noticeable difference? My experience has been that the further the device from the DAC, the less impact the Master Clock makes. The biggest impact is feeding the DAC. I have it also feeding a DDC before the DAC and the Uptone ER and I don't find a big difference, mostly on the ER.

​Please answer if you had a real listening experience. I don't want to start a technical debate. 

plga

Well, the Audio-GD DI-20HE is not a reclocker, it converts the digital signal to a different one that's easier for the DAC to process. 

I would say it depends on how good is the USB input of your DAC.

I'm almost sure it will improve the sound quality, but it would be great if you could try one or any other DDC with your DAC before deciding.

I have pretty much settled on the Cybershaft OP-19 master clock. I will investigate the Audio-GD DI-20HE. It appears to be the best on the market currently.

@zeusodin The Musician Pisces or Leo will both reclock and allow you to take advantage of your DAC’s XLR input (or i2S if your DAC has that input) so it’s like two benefits in one. The Leo has a better clock and also has an SPDIF input that is nice if you have a CD transport, so those might be some things to consider.