Dennis Had Inspire PSE 300B WOW!!!

Hi All... Yesterday I received my Dennis Had Inspire PSE 300B. My wife and I spent the evening last night listening and "we" really like it which surprised me since over the years I have compared numerous amps to my trusty Coincident 300B monoblocks and all have... until now... come up substantially short of the Coincidents. Now this puts me in a difficult position as my wife has had quite a lot of medical testing lately and with the associated financial pressures, I had intended to take a quick listen to the PSE 300B to satisfy mu curiosity then pass along and recover the costs to address the medical bills. Now, clearly that is not going to happen and the Coincidents will be listed for sale over the weekend.

By the way thanks Dennis, You Da Man!

My system (photos attached) is as follows:
Power - Shunyata Denali
Streamer - Innuos Mini Mk3 w/ PSU
Dac - Holo May-KTE
Pre - Sachs Custom Line
Amp1 - *** Dennis Had Inspire PSE 300B *** (horns)
Amp2 - Crown XLS 1500 (base drivers)
Horns - BD-Design Orphean w/ Celestion Axi-2050 drivers 220Hz-20KHz
Base - BD-Design Compact Reference
Sub - SVS 16-Ultra

tinear123

@woodsage  Actually these are the BD-Design Orphean-220 horns utilizing the new Celestion AXi-2050 driver.  The amplifier for the BD-Design compact reference base enclosures is a Crown XLS-1500.  Both amplifiers utilize minidsp as the xover.

I do have in addition a pair of Oris-150 horns utilizing the Voxativ AC-2.6 8" full range driver.  I have used Lowther and AER in the past and found that the Voxativ to be superior in my listening room.  I am happy to sell the Oris system if anyone is interested as well as the Coincident Frankenstein 300B monoblocks that are the perfect match for these speakers.

Hope your wife has a full and speedy recovery.

I've been intrigued by Mr. Had's handiwork, but current gear needs a couple hundred more watts.  Plus I'm in tube recovery, two years clean.

My last tube setup was Mr. Had's design.  An AE-25 DJH and matching pre-amp.  I probably should have kept it...I also sold the big Klipsch speakers they drove.

@ross6860

My last tube setup was Mr. Had’s design. An AE-25 DJH and matching pre-amp. I probably should have kept it

Understood. I imagine that the sound/music presentation was quite wonderful.

Charles

His latest amps definitely require proper speaker matching to perform their best.

Having been through three different Cary amps originally designed by Dennis and lastly  a Dennis Had Inspire Hot Rod amp (8-10w), an audio buddy and I messed with too many different speaker combos, trying. He got it right, and I did not. For my lower efficiency speakers I had to go back to a bit higher power mono tube amps with a bit more drive to get my speakers to light up properly at lower volume levels.

How OP @tinear123 has his set up now, with separate amps driving low freq, is the way to go, imo, that is the ticket.   I can imagine its very enjoyable, 👍