Received my Wadia i170 transport today.

Just wondering if anyone else has received one? Impressions? I'll post my impressions in a few days.
128x128jpainter236
Can anyone please explain if or why this configuration should outperform Foobar or iTunes on a laptop exported through USB to an external DAC?

I care about sound quality, but I don't care about playlists and I don't care about consolidating my music collection on a handheld device.

Thank you,
We have a 40gig Ipod dock model. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Wadia. Will this model work with the i170?
When I change tracks, foward tracks for example, I got a noise, very harsh, dull, digital noise maybe, even if I press pause first and then change tracks, I still got a potentialy dangerous noise for my speakers, does any one knows how to avoid this?'

As there is still not one single reply to:

"can anyone compare this transport to computer based USB output to DAC?"

I am beginning to suspect a conspiracy.

Did Starbucks acquire Wadia or something?

In the meantime, I felt a fleeting sense of good fortune to receive one of these backordered devices.

But with this thread, I haven't been brave enough to even open it, since I might just decide to return it for a refund.

Aside from technical glitches, the convenience of docking, whatever, how does this thing really SOUND?

Thank you,