Paradisea Dac

Anyone out there who can comment on the usb version . I 'am considering putting a Mac based system together and ran across this Dac in another thread .I would ONLY use the USB input and would like to hear any comments on how this input sounds compared to other USB DACS in the $1500 range. on
mystang
Thanks for all the responses gives me plenty to think about. As far as the constantine with SS output does it have a USB input? Also I can't find any mention of a warranty at the MHDT web page does it have a warranty at all? Has any one had any problems with any of the MHDT Dacs?
The Constantine+ has USB just like the Paradisea+. This is the model I have.

I bought mine here used and wasn't concerned with any warranty. It would be easy to fix by any local tech if it broke - which would be very unlikely...

If these units just looked a little more professional, man, they would really kick. Then again that would probably raise the price 2x.
You can buy his stuff directly from eBay where is rating is 100% positive after 666 feedbacks. I don't think you can go wrong. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with them, which is not to say it is unheard of. He has a new DAC called the Havana that he's pushing to Audiophiles at a significantly higher price. It uses a different DAC chipset (Burr Brown PCM56P (16 bits) DAC chip). Has anyone tried this DAC?

Marco
Paul, wow I had the Cosecant and the Paradisea + and I thought there was no contest the Paradisea + was far better sounding at 1/5th the price. The Cosecant was dull and boring in comparison.
I think you may have had a problem with your Cosecant - it's far from dull. Very smooth, yes, and very linear with excellent timbre, but it's also quite dynamic.

The MHDT DACs are all of these things too.

I really think you may have had a bad tube or something..