Tube phono pre amps

Awaiting my Origin Live Resolution TT I recently paid for. The Resolution was $1000 more than I anticipated spending for a tt. This puts me financially in a position to spend no more than approximately $1500:for a phono pre amp. Thinking of a tube phono pre to pair with my Willsenton R8 which I love. Listen to Jazz and classical . Any thoughts ? 
Thank You All.

detroitwing

As always, finding a very good used one will get you more than buying new.

hifishark is a great place to find used equipment

here is ’tube phono’; USA only; sorted by first seen, new first. (to snap something you know you want before someone beats you to it).

after that, I switch to Canada, a lot of good stuff up there.

you can sort by price, and you can put a range of prices, min/max. I do suggest viewing a few hundred over your budget, sometimes a very desirable item pops up

. For protection, I ask and get answers in writing; then use PayPal, and I fund PayPal with my best credit card which gives 2 layers of protection as well as the written answers you received..

These are pretty good and they are on sale.  Only a wee bit more than your target. 

Hagerman Cornet II  great sound for a good price

I went through 4-5 tube phono pres before landing on this on

He can get a Hagerman Trumpet MC (better than Cornet, though I'm sure that's a great value too), still well under budget at just under $1300. Stupid good, fun sound for the money. Responds very well to tube rolling (not all tube phono stages do).

OP - Congrats on your TT purchase.

I had the Resolution Mk4 and an Illustrious arm for a spell and they’re excellent.

Also, Mark and David are good to deal with if you need any support.

You’re on the mark thinking about a tube phono for the Resolution as I found mine to err towards detail retrieval and dynamics, perhaps at the expense of a little body in the mids and heft in the bottom end. Very minor quibble and I found it easily addressed by having tubes in the chain, and of course, the right choice of cartridge.

There’s an Allnic H1201 floating around for $1400 which is a good deal. I have one of those and it worked really well with the Resolution/Illustrious. I also ran a Manley Chinook with the Origin Live deck and that has even more warmth and body.

I think a used Chinook is in your price range..