Banchmark DAC3B vs. Denafrips Pontus II (12th Aniv.)

So I'm considering one of these DACs. They're about the same price new. Any thoughts on which direction? My pre-amp and amp are both Benchmark and the speakers are Reference 3A NEFES II. I realize keeping it all Benchmark is appealing, but the Pontus looks very interesting.

koestner

Out of curiosity, why is no remote a deal breaker? When I eventually purchase a standalone dac I want it to be a dac only, without any preamp and other extras, including remote, so it’s as simple and ‘pure’ as possible. 

Pontus ll 12th here as well. Have never heard a pop or click and quite happy with the SQ. Can’t imagine why a remote would be needed. The only interface is when changing from one digital source (CDP) to another (streamer). Lots of great choices out there. 

I’m not sure where this thread went but I’ll chime in and also say take a look at the Gustard x26 pro.  Has dual chipset and extremely quiet in all aspects.  (Clicking being mentioned on others in this thread are non existent with the Gustard and personally don’t think should exist with any DAC at any price)

Where does the Gustard have to be sent to for repair? Both the Benchmark and Denafrips have US repair available. That is important to me as I've had more than 1 DAc crap out.

Good for Benchmark. I bought a Jay's cdt2-mk3 from Alvin and I told him personally I couldn't consider any Denafrips dacs no matter how good they are since they offer no remote. Maybe one day that will change.

What exactly would you want a remote for a dac to do?