New Class D amplifiers

Hello. I'm very interested in getting your opinion on the newer Class D amplifiers.  There has been a couple of very positive reviews (by Guttenberg) of the Bel Canto C6i and NAD M23.  These, and perhaps some others are offering new technology that significantly lower the class D noise level and other drawbacks.    

I currently use a Class A amp, Pass Labs INT-25 (with Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers) which has a wonderful sound. But I am transitioning to another location, and due to using Roon primarily I find that this system stays on most of the day.  Due to heat and power usage of Class A amplifiers, I'm interested in translating to Class D if I find something comparable.

128x128grantgg

You might want to consider the Lyngdorf SDA 2400.

There are also plenty other like NAD, Bel Canto or Mola Mola.

From my experience Class D is very neutral, can sound brilliant with a good source from the preamplifier, or be unforgiving with a poor signal.

it’s - as always - a matter of matching.

My Peachtree GaN 400 @ $2500 is easily the bargain of the year. I'm a tube lover and matched it with Audio GD tube preamp. Beautiful , silky smooth sound and power to drive any speaker. I'm sold on good quality ganfet transistor amps. Sounds like class AB without the heat.

@innersound300  Gene of Audioholics is not someone I would rely on for audio advice. He’s a notorious cable denier, who when challenged to back up his claims predictably seeks out the nearest rock to hide under. 

@grantgg I would also look at Orchard Audio and VTV, both designers have made huge strides in implementing GaNFET technology. Both have received glowing reviews.

I have a pair of Atma Sphere mono blocks (Class D) on order, which should arrive mid March. So I can’t yet comment on their sound but after countless hours of research they appear to be the best Class D amps I could find under $5K.  

Happy listening. 

I am a huge proponent of Class D, not just the newest models. I like IcePower amps a lot more than I like some megabuck Class A, but not as much as I like my current Luxman.

The point is, I find that too many audiophiles are stuck perpetuating an amp class discrimination with stereotypes that haven't been true since the 1990s.  While the latest amps from Technics and Atmasphere may be great, there was nothing wrong with Class D, in general, five years ago either.