I just discovered Van Der Graff Generator...

An interesting experimental British band from the 60s and 70s.  Their music is interesting, however they're not for everyone.  Please give them a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks.

PS... you need an open mind for this band.

128x128mikeydee

They’ve been around for years and have always had an eclectic following. I haven’t listened to them in years, my have to put an album or two on my playlist. 😁

....I took a pause when I read the comment about Hammill once being compared to "David Bowie on bad acid..."

OhhhK....that'll work for a 'heads' up'...if you drift my catch.....

(....had a pleasant surprise the other, literally at hand for a year +, unrecognized...)

It ought to smoooth out razor blase' moozik..... 😬😂😏🤨🤪😐 ;)

I not skeerd...

@mapman - I get the feeling that almost every copy of 'Pawn Hearts' ended up in the cut-out bins (the first couple of Soft Machines, too); few were the bins I perused that didn't have at least one in there. I wonder who at the record company thought this would sell well enough to order so many records pressed? 

.....sounds normal 'enough', a bit different for the era...

We had Zappa and co., so....  'BritProgRock' would be fairly called 'eclectic' for even SoCA, but seems familiar to some of what drifted south from the Bay area...

There's a mention of Atomic Rooster.....that I recognize.

Strange even to acidheads.....blissed or bolted, horizontal or abscent if only in 'gone blank, end of broadcast day screen static.... 😏

(...leans forward, heavily on the cane that wobbles...)

"....I watched some of the better minds of my generation, ’m talkin’ ’bout, my....

Their brains slowly turnd’ thu’ Soup...ones’ that ’scapth are like Us...I hope....

Th’ ones’ that Stayed....in the guv now...harder t’ tell ’m apart...but..."

*G* Gee, I be woke..... time to go back to sleep...Yeah, that would be found in the MISC slots at the retrorec stores.....

I've got mine from the time, try this.... ;)