Where do you stop?

I bought some 99.9 % pure silver speaker cables. I read the reviews before investing in them and they talked about how they seem brighter and most felt it was because of the lack of noise and more imagining. Some didn't care for the new sound but most loved what it did. I really liked the change so much I bought some to go from my preamp to my mono block tube amps. That sounded even better. So what the heck I bought more to use from a phono amp to my pre amp and then some silver phono cables. Every time I added them into my system it sounded better and better. So here is my question, The Silver in the cables according to the reviews are superior because they conduct electricity better than copper and have a lower impedance if my memory serves me correctly. What happens to the signal when it meets copper wiring in speakers or other gear? Should all the wire be replaced anywhere it can be and will it continue to sound better? 

128x128livingwellinco

Let's not forget, the documented aging effect of not hearing highs as well as when younger. Of course, average does not mean you.

Thus, young people might find silver 'bright', while some of us old dogs might benefit from a slight boost of the highs.

That's another reason I like level controls for mids and tweets (or high quality equalizers).

Silver works great in systems that are not analytical, ie warm. Mixtures of silver and other metals like copper a gold can have great effects on sound ie Siltech cables. Too much silver can cause a system to sound “shrill” or overly bright. Moral of the story, silver is like butter, a little enhances flavor, too much and it can be sickening.

if you like to tinker, there's no reason to stop...

Absolutely true! But you will learn a lot more for less with less expensive items to experiment with.  Cheaper and probably more satisfying to buy a used tube pre or build your own speakers from scratch than to tinker too much with expensive gear.  At least at first. :)

Thanks everyone for your input. It sounds like a lot of you have experienced the same result as I did. Some of you are spot on. I am older and my hearing has changed. I am in this journey for the pleasure I get from the music. The equipment I have tried and accumulated over the years simply delivers it. It has been fun and interesting to hear and experience the different results. I have come to the conclusion that music can sound great and very different when making the changes. No two systems sound the same. We all have our preferences and prejudice on what is best. That is what makes it fun for me. This community here is great way to explore and share. I started in 1977 when in college. I borrowed a 1000 dollars from a finance company and headed to the Stereo Warehouse in Sante Fe New Mexico. Came home with a Sansui Au7900 I still have, a jvc turntable and a pair of ESS tower speakers.