Does coloring the edges of CD's help the sonics?

Hello,
I have read that coloring the edges of cd's with a black or green magic marker helps the sonics.
What is your opinion of this?
If it is true, how does it work?
Thanks.
daltonlanny
Geoffkait, I doubt if the reviewers noticed. This nonsense about truing the disc is present in all of them without any suggestion that they altered the instructions.

I suspect that less scattering of the laser's light on a more transparent surface would result in less light exiting from the outer edges and thus the loss of the benefits I was getting from the AudioDesk.

I too rest my case as I suspect readers are bored by now.

Best,
According to web page you provided, "The edge of the beveled disc should be 0.2 mm." Since the edge of an unbeveled discs is around 1 to 1.3 mm, that 0.2 mm thickness is only about 1/5 to 1/6 of the original thickness. Probably best to leave a very slight edge so as not to cut oneself on the edge while handling and help prevent chipping.

So, half is not enough according to manufacurer. Edge should be beveled about 80-85% of the way through

The scattering occurs below the surface and when laser hits the edges of the pits and lands....
Actually, it does, or very nearly. The rotating arm/blade cuts a perfect circle, so the circle formed on the upper surface of the disc by the bevel is perfectly round. Enough mass is removed from the edge during circumcision that the disc should be much more balanced while spinning. You can ignore the little 0.2 mm nub left on the edge.